There are still an astonishing number of people who have found themselves facing the excruciating decision of whether to relinquish their beloved pets or risk not being able to care for them. Shelters and rescues know firsthand what effect this economical climate has had on pets and the people who love them. The flood of pets coming in due to relinquishment or, sadly, being left behind or out in the cold is testament to the cruel realities people are now facing.
Remember, a little help can go a long way! Even if you can only afford to offer a small amount to the donation bins, with Hill's matching your donation you will be providing that much more. A few tips:
- If you have unopened, unusable food or litter at home, things your pet will not use - donate them!
- Clip coupons, BOGO offers, rebates - not only for the products you purchase, but also any other pet products - then either use them to save on purchasing at Petco for the donation bin, or give the coupons to your local shelter/rescue.
- You can find many helpful coupons and offers right on Hill's website.
- Many of those caring for their animals are only able to offer, at best, the less-expensive products to their pets, so don't ever think you cannot donate simply because you can't afford the expensive ones. On the other hand, if you can afford them, there are always pets that will surely benefit from them.
- Consider donating special-diet foods, for those with medical conditions or allergies.
- Cat litter is essential for cats; those with financial difficulties often hesitate purchasing any - with unhealthy results for people and pets alike.
Our wish is for everyone to have a stress-free, food-filled and nutritious Thanksgiving holiday!